Colleges and Private Training Providers are being closely scrutinised on all aspects of their delivery – it is paramount that several key benchmarks are met to ensure the continuation of revenue streams.
Learning at Work provides a comprehensive package of services to Further Education providers to help them achieve this. These include:
Learning at Work provides a range of awarding body approved learning materials (Level 2 unless otherwise stated), including:
- Certificate in Safe Handling of Medicines
- Certificate in Equality and Diversity
- Certificate in Cleaning Principles
- Certificate in the Principles of Business and Administration Level 2 and 3
- Certificate in Customer Service
- Certificate in Team Leading
- Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Level 2 and 3
- Certificate in End of Life Care Level 3
- Certificate in Employability
- Certificate in Principles of Dementia Care (new on the QCF in 12/13)
- Certificate in Mental Health Awareness (new GLH increase in 12/13)
- Certificate in Understanding Working in Mental Health (new on the QCF in 12/13)
The courses can be used either as standalone technical certificates or, in some instances, as part of an Apprenticeship framework (which may help with evidencing SASE GLH). Our NCFE and Ascentis approved e-portal (e-Assessor) allows learners to complete their assessments online as well as in hard copy. This is available free of charge to all centres using our products in 12/13.
Learning at Work can link the college to priority learners. Prices are dependent on any fee contribution but we can normally source candidates for the programmes where we offer learning materials.
A dedicated Safeguarding course for learners aged between 16 and 18
In association with Weston College we have developed a Safeguarding course that introduces students to the concept of Safeguarding and covers key themes such as:
- Online safety
- Availability of support networks (both inside and outside the college)
The learner receives a pack, which can be personalised with the college branding, policies and imagery. We work with the college to ensure that the course and materials map into their current strategies for each particular subject area. The learner undertakes a short online assessment that can be accessed through a link within Moodle or college VLE. The online assessment can, on demand, provide a range of reporting to show who has attempted, who has passed, success rate, success rate per question and time taken. This information can be accessed by the college through their own administrative area of the learning portal. We also provide an electronic tutor guide and PowerPoint presentation. Certificates can be generated automatically once the learner achieves the required pass mark.
Weston College is likely to put around 3,000 of their learners through the course during the first six weeks of the new term. The College’s Principal, Dr. Paul Phillips OBE, has commented that “This award was created to fill an identified gap in training for our learners. Significant awareness and zero tolerance of abuse are critical to our society. This qualification is of national significance in preparing students for career progression, whether it is higher education or employment. Over 2,000 learners completed this qualification during the first few weeks of induction – it is part of our continuous awareness-raising campaign and adds real value in supporting the communities we serve.”
We have developed an online learning platform that provides a range of training programmes. The courses are simple to access, easy to negotiate and are great value as they are not funding reliant and help to achieve your full cost recovery target. They are fully automated, have no delivery costs associated with them and only require a minimum level of admin support. This online learning platform allows people to access courses in the following subject areas:
- Infection Control
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SoVA)
- Health and Safety for Healthcare Workers
- Generic Health and Safety 2010
- Dementia Awareness
- Child Protection – Everyone’s Responsibility
- Palliative Care
- Food Safety and Hygiene Training
- Safe Handling of Medicine
- Equality and Diversity
- Safeguarding in an Educational Setting
Click here to view our latest brochure in PDF format or click on the screen below to see it as an e-book
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact our head office on 0845 094 9110.